Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Let me tell you a secret

It is about one of my favourite blogs. Confession: I am addicted to the Internet in a big way(and being a website subeditor doesn't help it any.) I love visiting new, unusual, sites and reading up on the net. One reason why I have been writing less and less, surfing and reading online, more. This is how, I stumbled upon this legendary blog(site?), which I am sure many are aware of. It is postsecret.blogspot.com/.

One of the most phenomenal projects, modern art in progress, innovative-beyond-belief experiments that I have come across in a long span of time. IT is so beautiful and touches such a raw nerve, that it hurts. I don't just get this affected by anything anymore. Books, music and movies used to do it for me, when I would have goose-bumps and shiver all over with the emotion of the thing(not to mention cry hopelessly in public or private). But now although I can admire a good movie or a stimulating read, it doesn't have the same impact. I am jaded.

But postsecret does it for me.
Based on the ludicrously simple concept that completely anonymous people decorate a home-made postcard and portray a secret that they had never previously revealed to anyone, albeit, as beautifully and as creatively as they can. I don't know if it is the one-sentence messages crawled across the postcards or the soulful images and visuals they employ t0 make these post-cards, but it blows me away every Monday(the site is updated every Sunday) when I have a look.

Words are simply inadequate. Watch this video(though nothing compares to viewing the post-cards on the website). I want to collect the postsecret books now and maybe even post a secret some day. I am hooked.

1 comment:

Anusha said...

Very true, I too am hooked to Postsecrets, thanks to YOU! :-)